PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EGAE - City of Derry Airport, NI
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2002, 13:40
jabiruwho

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Undertheweather.... You do need to contact special branch for flights from GB to NI. St Angelo has closed. NI to the Republic requires a flight plan filed with Aldergrove but, whilst I believe Special Branch should also be informed, I don't know anyone who does this.

EGAE landing fee is £7.64 + vat for singles

Yokie 1... I have never experienced any windshear on final to 26 over Lough Foyle but when the wind is from the south it can be very bumpy on final for 20. There are published VFR routes from the North and South, look on the club notice board on your left as you leave the hut. However, as stated there is very little traffic and nobody actually uses the routes. ATC don't even refer to them.

As for more information on airfields, procedures etc then it's all in the AFE UK VFR Flight Guide and I'm sure Poolys has the same info. As for airfields in Eire, buy a copy of Fly In Ireland from Transair. It lists, and has diagrams for, most of the airfields north and south and contains a lot of other useful info.

To anyone in GB. File your flight plan, phone Special Branch and get over here. Flying here is fantastic. Loads of empty airspace and scenery to die for. Just bring your umbrella for the pre-flight!

Enjoy