PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Simulator Assistant Vacancies?
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2009, 21:24
classicwings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glamdring and Scott, I'm starting in Hurn as a trainee in july/oct.(at the earliest) and I'm outta work at the mo looking to do something a bit more relevent until then! I've sent C.V.'s and spoken to a lot of SATCO's about atc assistant jobs but there's absolutely NOWT going!
If I were you mate I'd consider yourself very privelaged to have a TATCO position starting next year at Hurn with NATS, let alone worrying about finding ATCA vacancies in the foreseeable future before you start. At the moment, assistant jobs are sparse- and the last recent ATSA vacancy to be advertised in the UK (at a state run airport near London ) had over 60 applicants for one ATSA job. Guess what?! Many of those applicants were failed NATS traninees who couldnt validate at their unit and were desperate to find a suitable alternative to NATS in order to retrain. With the added factor of the state of current economic climate makes such vacancies even harder to come by. There are people out there with relevent experience who would give their arm and a leg to become an assistant as a career at the mo! So my advice is make the best of your opportunity at CATC and best of luck!!