PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2009, 21:07
Mucky Devil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil Ryanair

Cannot belive there is so much abuse towards guys wanting to spend money on a type rating and join Ryanair.
IF you are successful in getting through the selection process and you get an offer, it is a real job, and not a summer job like elsewhere.
Once past the Line Check stage, the money is reasonable as most fly loads of hours. I have asked loads of F/Os what their pay is and it is more than enough to live on, pay rent, eat, lease a car etc.
Let me know where else you can be a captain at 24 and taking home £5000+ a month and i will eat my sandwich.
Incidently, having recently been down at EMT, they are hiring 400 cadets next year and that doesn't include those needed if our boss buys more from Boeing than already on order.
The sim and line training is second to none and I've trained at other airlines and say that with confidence. I fly with the products of our system and they do a great job. You also have a choice of 38 bases to choose from, new one announced only 4 days ago.
If you are prepared to take on the risk of getting an ATPL i don't see that the type rating decision is so hard to make. No one will offer you one for free, no matter how much you moan about it being unfair.
Good luck to those who decide it is for them, hope to fly with you on the line.