PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Avient making headlines again
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2009, 19:53
AfgAirOps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zfwmac
I was appalled when I saw the Avient website today, at the very least the company could have made a statement that their immediate concern was for the crew and their families, instead all the world got was a cold and insensitive message. Wake up Mr Smith, right now the industry has you under the spotlight and you have failed at the first hurdle. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Saw that also and would have to say I was very disappointed but, unfortunately, not at all surprised.

For anyone who hasn't seen it the statement was;

Originally Posted by Avients website
An Avient Aviation operated aircraft was involved in an accident at approximate 00:16 GMT today while the aircraft, a McDonnell Douglas MD11 Freighter , was operating a charter freight flight from Pudong International Airport in China.

Preliminary information indicates that the accident occurred on takeoff from Pudong International Airport. The aircraft was carrying a crew of 7.

At this time, the full resources of Avient's accident response team have been mobilised and will be devoted to cooperating with all authorities responding to the accident.

At this time no further information is available. Avient will continue to release additional information as it is confirmed.
Rgds
AAO