PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shenzhen Airlines
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2009, 19:27
eddie shoestring

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wasinc

Just my two cents worth

I have recently been through the Shenzhen Airlines screening and I must say I don't have a bad word to say about Wasinc.
The guys were very pleasant, showed us around the place and yes we all got out tickets reimbursed without any problems.
They did a great job of getting us all through the screening process and gave us all the relevant information we needed.
They invited us to ask any questions about any concerns and I believe answered them truthfully, including the Kunpeng issues.....

They also explained that they are at the mercy of Shenzhen Airlines itself, and it is common practice for Chinese companies to pay late. Hardly something the agencies can be blamed, or held responsible for I would have thought.
As far as contracts go, I have done a few contracts now and I can honestly say that no agency is perfect or any contract is water-proof.
If you are (going to be) new to contracting, you have to realise that you are on your own, a sole trader and therefore lack the protection of the masses. Unless you have very strong backing from a union of sorts, you stand on your own feet and accept the risks. In the end of the day it is about supply and demand.
Luckily for us, experience pilots are (now) in demand in China and the agents, including Wasinc, are impressing upon their clients that in order to attract and retain their pilot group, they need to pull up their socks. Don't forget, this is also a learning curve for them. I don't think there are many airlines around the world that are actually expanding and therefore need pilots.
Shenzhen Airlines alone need another 100 pilots next year, so we have been told. Like I said, my two cents worth is that you do your homework and if you are going to post comments like "stay away from XYZ agency" then back up your argument with supporting facts.