PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malpractices in WPC - RT EXAM
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2009, 16:32
silent_scream

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mahesh.

Appreciate your courage.

Lets get the full picture here. Lets rewind a bit.

Go back to the hay days of Aviation boom. 2004-2006, Thousands of students got their UK RTR from a Certified Examiner Called "G.Dobson", He visited India frequently and was associated to the Owner of Carver Aviation Academy. INR 25,000 and an attendance, you got your UK RTR. Pay another 5,000 and you have it converted to Indian COP RTR and couriered to your house address.

The WPC RTR was a Rs.50 /- application even back then. But the reason almost 99% of CPL Trainees got a UK RTR, was because WPC seldom Passed Candidates.

Then came the realization in the late 2006. WPC thought, instead of taking a Rs 3,000 bribe per License to convert UK licenses to Indian COP RTR, lets open this scam to all (after about 5 years of knowing about the scam), and make it compulsory for each and every candidate to write an Exam (Exception being Same Country CPL and RT).
And in the process, lets get our pockets full. Because sooner or Later, every one is going to need to appear in the RTR exam.

And since then, we see a pass rate of 10% or Less for a Syllabus which has only VHF Communication. Many compare this with the IAS entrance exam pass rate. Although am not sure if its true.

And so the process started. 5-8 Examiners who were assigned the Job to travel to all centers across India throught the Year (6 Times a year) and conduct exam. I do not know the knowledge of those examiners, but it doesn't appear to be much apart from theoretical. Considering most are Engineers.

Since they know they are never going to go to every center and evaluate candidates, hence the confidence as Mahesh stated above. And the arrangement for monetary compensation towards special favors.

In three years, almost all of them have made by the Millions. And since it was becoming very obvious, WPC had to do something about it. And Now they have come up with the new rule of the Candidates writing the transmission on Paper. I think it is a useless process and might worsen the situation.

I personally have objected about the new rule to WPC in writing because it is outside the scope of RT. Radio is verbal, not Written.

I will request others to do the same. Because until opposed, this will continue.

@ alouette3, Agree with you, but the system in consideration is just too plagued to overcome by working hard.

I personally have seen examiners not listening to Students transmission, chatting, fiddling with cell phones, talking amongst each other and laughing at the candidate during the transmission, How exactly can he pass me if he doesn't even listen to what I am saying ?

Yes it is not impossible to get your RTR without paying a Bribe. But the question is How long ?
I have witnessed Candidates with 12 + attempts, yes that is 2 years of constant Trying and Failing. And i am about to become one of them myself soon.

And all this for a Country that has virtually no General Flying. All flying is in controlled airspace where 90% of the transmission is very basic.

One can not understand the anger and frustration until you have made those sessions without clearing the RT exam.
But wait, I have not even started talking about the Viva.

Maybe some other time.

Silent.