PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Developments
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2009, 07:52
Skybeds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is probabaly the most depressing time for the Gulf air.The sad part is the way talal zain and majali misled every one.
They failed to mention that the plan was not created by them but as usual a miltimillion dollar consultant was hired to draw the plan.
Next question is if this company has any experience in the middle east market? The answer is no.
Did they do their home work while revealing the Embraer? did they come up with the figure that will cost mumtalakaat to intoduce a new fleet? well their answer was "we will work on it".
Did airbus and boeing agreed upon order cancellation? Airbus did not and boeing meeting still to go. what is penalty? no one knows.
Did iran and saudi agree to let gulfair operate to their regional market. no
Plan is to bring passengers from 20 new destinations and fly them with the other airlines to all around the world, so did they negtiate with any airline how they will split this high yield revenue.No
Did they carry out any study on any single new destination? wether it would be feasable operate, if there any passenger demand?No
All these destination are served by very cheap low cost airlines so would any passenger will be paying gulfair more more money for an embrear ride?
the new plan was revealed on assumptions and on uncalculated risks.
God help us all
Gulf air CEO i agree with you.however, calculation and research hasnt been carried out and the plan isnt finalized yet.
i have done my own research by asking some of the emplyees of SV and RJ,they keep on complaining that the engineers on emraers keep on getting those alert letters pointing out some manufacture defect. And that there was something wrong with the SVs E-170 in which they had to carry out 2 emergency landings within 1 month.