PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Richmond new Sydney airport?
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2009, 03:52
Pass-A-Frozzo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cougar
PAF - are you skylarking as Pass-A-Frozo or have you really changed names to Pass-A-Frozzo??

I am intrigued... too much time on your hands at the CC?
G'day Cougar,

I no longer work at the CC or in fact for the same employer

I now have an extra Z in my name after I wrote (what I thought was) an awesome application that did some housekeeping by deleting some 4000+ previous posts. PPRuNe HQ took umbrage to a user account with 4000+ deleted posts

The fog issue aside I think it's possible they (the Fed Gov't) could ask the RAAF to move (to Amberley) and open the airfield up as a second airport.

After electoral boundary changes RAAF Richmond was moved into Greenway which was won by the Liberals with a margin of ~4.5%. It's quite possible the Federal Government won't care that much about a "nimby" reaction any more than the NSW State Government care about complaints regarding Sydney's transport network in the NW or North Shore.

If the land purchase wasn't so expensive the Federal Government would build a new airport in the middle of Mosman with a one-way strip so as to keep the flight path over Manly and the northern beaches.