PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying for Lion Air
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2009, 01:35
pmmartin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CAE-Lion Air Assessment

For those who want to pursue the CAE-Lion Air position, here is what I know. Please understand that I completed the process 6 months ago, so things may have changed.

It is strictly a skill and knowledge assessment, no typical interview questions. The simulator profile is roughly 1 hour flying and 1 hour not flying. You will get a very thorough sim briefing via email beforehand. Nothing too unexpected or unfair, but of course you have to hand fly. If you haven't flown full EFIS before, you might want to practice that.

The written test was harder for me. It was 70 questions or so, multiple choice. They seemed to be mainly JAA or EASA ATP test questions. Coming from the States, I had to guess at quite a few. If I had to do it over, I would certainly get a British or European ATP study book and review that. Studying the FAA ATP questions was useless for me as far as preparation for taking the test.

If someone ends up flying the line for Lion Air, let us know how it is going. I can't help but wonder how it would have went if I took the position, but I'm enjoying flying an Astra SPX in the States.

Best Regards,

PMH