PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Class D Zones for Broome & Karratha
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2009, 23:47
ARFOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr/Mrs mjbow2

Interested readers will have looked at the IFR arrival and departures procedures [also available at the previous links] and when applied to expected profiles, 'normal' turbo-jet arrivals and departures are not exposed to Class E [un-alerted VFR] below A100 at LA [VFR overflight routes are not Class E].

If your argument held, then Jets in D or C airspace [above CTA steps] climbing and descending into Australian Class D airports would be flying through Class G [Class F] simply because this category of airspace exist below the outer elevated D or C steps. A patently ridiculous statement to attempt to sustain!

- Van Nuys - is Closed to Scheduled Air Carrier
- Burbank - is full radar Class C
- Chino is D below C and B steps - FAA hold no data for Scheduled Air Carrier
- Ontaria - is full radar class C
- Santa Ana - is full radar class C
- Riverside - Class D below C and E steps - FAA hold no data for Scheduled Air Carrier

The airports you cite above are all serviced by the SOCAL [Southern California] Tracon. Multiple Approach and Departues sectors [very small sectors by comparison to Australian Sectors]. Even with Class B, C protection around the busier Torbo-jets serviced airports, the fact remains Air Carrier aircraft [>30 pax seat capacity] have very limited exposure to Class E Below A100 in the US, and overwhelmingly within surveillance coverage.

Again thankyou for citing locations to use as examples. Far from having my eyes shut [or mind closed], these discussion prove the points being made by many, I feel certain I am not alone in understanding the points being made!

The facts speak for themselves!