PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - cirrus sr22
Thread: cirrus sr22
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2009, 23:46
paulp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since paulp has such a good connections at the cirrus factory maybe he could update us on the status of the SR20 G3 with the Diesel Deltahawk ?
Actually my Cirrus factory connections aren't super special. I have no clue on diesel work. I worry that since Alan has left that innovation will slow. I have also heard (not through factory) that they are looking at the TCM turbo (like Corvalis) as a cost cutting measure. I have a friend who is big on diesels and likes the Deltahawk. My concern is that it is one of those great new engines that will be available "real soon now." Cirrus came very close to introducing a diesel several years ago. When taken high up and the engine turned off it wouldn't restart. That killed it and it was never sold. With diesels I am always interested in how the high altitude restart issue is solved.

Where I do have some connections is Avidyne. They have really changed how they work with customers and they have been very open on some of their recent work. I just want the new DFC 100 certified since it will complete my R9 system. It is way more important to me than SVT, EVS etc.