PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Class D Zones for Broome & Karratha
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2009, 22:33
mjbow2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AFROR

You have lost me with your claim regarding KLAX
I am not claiming anything. You made the claim that

Most airlines (the bigger ones) are not widely exposed to Class E below A100, and certainly not without surveillance!
This is patently false and the KLAX airspace, including hundreds of other class B, C and D airports with E above and surrounding them, proves it.

To the north of KLAX class B extends only about 15nm. Class E beyond that. Can you see the arrival and departure routes depicted with the silhouetted 4 engined jet and dashed arrows? Class E ARFOR.

It even has the range of altitudes depicted. A040-A080 for North West departures From KLAX. The Sadde 6 arrival for example from the north west over Ventura VOR has traffic sequenced as low as A050 in Class E!

Surely you can see that KLAX is also not the only airport that jets are being sequenced to? Van Nuys, Burbank, Chino, Ontaria, Santa Ana and Riverside also. All surrounded with Class E above.

Your claim that airliners are not widely exposed to Class E below A100 in America is patently untrue ARFOR. Untrue! So why make such claims if not to muddy the waters when it comes to Australian pilots properly understanding the use and benefits of class E, both radar and non radar.

If you cannot accept that Class E below A100 in America is used every day by ALL airlines AFROR then ok, keep your eyes shut. Keep resisting the inevitable but I am sure the readers can see otherwise.

Last edited by mjbow2; 27th Nov 2009 at 22:50.