PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus to Leave Dublin Forever.
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2009, 15:29
Leo Hairy-Camel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post No slot, no hope, no ready message.

No slot, I enjoyed your post and thank you for it, sincerely. You demonstrate perfectly the central point I'm trying to make. I believe emotion has got in the way of common sense at IALPA, but no matter in which of many ways you try to drown the truth, it keeps bobbing to the surface to spite you. They say nature abhors a vacuum, and I can barely hear you above that dreadful sucking noise emerging from the IALPA of your thinking. First of all, a few factoids to set the record right.
Agenda, Agenda, Agenda.......School yard bullying at its best.
I have no agenda and have never thought of myself as much of a bully. On sober reflection I think my tone quite moderate, unlike yours, but then I'm just a private individual with a vision for Aer Lingus' future. You, on the other hand, seem desperate to preside over its destruction and do so by clinging, like so many demented limpets, to several and various outrageous untruths.
ALT is fat, but it can lose weight ( alot of it ).
All evidence to the contrary, and in any case, not quick enough I fear! Do you really mean to suggest that your bloated A330 drivers, who currently cross the pond with 17 paying customers and 70 staff (I **** you not) on a good day, will forgo their €400,000 salaries for a while? Perhaps they may, and we shall see in Monday’s big announcement.

So much for price, but at what cost? Let me guess. Scope clause to scupper the Astraeus deal and an insistence that any LGW expansion is made with IALPA members on a LIFO basis, thus furthering IALPA's stranglehold around the neck of a crippled and spluttering Aer Lingus? Sound familiar?

Beware the woman in black for she is fat. Beware the airline in green for she is fat with devious, dumb-as-dog**** unions. You'd do well to remember, no slot, that it is in the very nature of certain viruses to destroy it's host. You, or rather, IALPA is the virus. We are the cure.

AL is cash positive FACT. Ryanair has net debt FACT.
On the surface of it, no slot tells the truth. But a picture paints a thousand words. Refer here in general, but pages 7, 8 and 9 in particular.
Before taking a €407 million bath in Aer Lingus scrip and a €346 million share buy-back cost (hardly the act of an airline concerned about its financial future) your debt argument evaporates into the nonsense it is. Describing AERL as cash positive, though, caused me tremendous amusement. Tell me, no slot, did you type that with a straight face? It's a bit like Eric Cartman describing himself as big boned. Comforting self-delusion, but hardly addresses the core nature of the problem.

Aer Lingus is financially screwed, no slot, a fact well known by both of us. Whilst you may be cash positive this week, losing two million €uro a day, or if you prefer, €84,000 every hour, hardly bodes well for a happy tomorrow, now does it?
To defend Ialpa's purchase of shares, they have on numerous occasions stated that the purchase was not to make money
Success beyond your wildest dreams, then! You must be so proud. How big is YOUR personal guarantee, no slot? Waffler's gone quiet.
but to block a hostile takeover by Ryanair ( which has succeeded twice )
Ah, no. Your tiny gathering of underperforming stock is akin to the sound a dwarf makes when farting into a Typhoon. Well intended strenuous effort, funny from a distance, but hardly memorable. It wasn't Tailwind that blocked the acquisition, no slot, it was Steely Neelie Kroes who did that. Well, she and Bubbles Ahern, but Bubbles is gone and Neelie ain't so steely any more.

Let's see what the CFI has to say on the subject next April. If you're still around then, that is. As an Irish person and regular customer of your delightful airline, I sincerely hope so.

Last edited by Leo Hairy-Camel; 27th Nov 2009 at 15:53.