PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eurocontrol Testing and Interviews
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2009, 11:54
AndreaP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
haven't passed

Hello, I had the test on 25-11-2009, passed the morning phase and went through the afternoon one. Strip management display.. I had no idea of what it was about before experiencing it directly.. you have a sort of excel paper in which there are columns that are airports with strips that are flights.. you have to keep the strips in order of time by drag and drop, insert the new ones, find possible collisions, change details according to frequent voice messages ecc.. a lot of tasks all togheter. I failed this.. I suggest to prepare english well, especially the listening, and remembering, of numbers, (however memory techniques such as converting numbers in letters and making words with them are really not useful in this case..it's just about number of flight..358, hours 15.56 and height 159 for example..) and to relax during the 1.30 hours of training before the real test..and to try seriously to perform all the tasks they give.. I think I made a big mistake by not considering one kind of them (the most time-absorbing one) just to try to do better the others.
This is a piece of the mail I've received.
"Unfortunately, you did not pass these tests. We therefore regret to inform you that we will not proceed with your application. We understand that you may be disappointed at this stage but we are sure that this decision was made in order to avoid future disappointment for you or the Organisation.
" (rightly quite firm).
If you were there that day, you may understand who I am; one of the italian guys; I met in the bar with a Scot, whom later on I had no occasion to say goodbye to. Goodbye and good luck to you all