PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus to Leave Dublin Forever.
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2009, 11:12
Love_joy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leo,

In response to your reply to Waffler, from my point of view its plainly clear why he objects to hostile take over by Ryanair.

I am also a pilot, originally from the Emerald Isle and desperate to return. I spent my childhood gazing at green shiney jets, the sense of pride in the national carrier instilled from birth.

Ryanair delivers a good product to the end user, cheap (if you play by the rules), no frills and punctual. But at what cost?? The crews work tirelessly, but for minimum reward. You tout high salaries, and good working conditions - they might look good on paper but when you become personally responsible for uniform, insurance, pension, car parking, sim checks etc etc.... it doesnt look so good.

Pilots in other carriers may have a similar package, albeit company funded benifits, but the respect element is worth so much more. Knowing that your not simply a 'contractor' working one day to the next. Having a unified voice in order to simplify discussions between management and the crews... You dont have to listen too hard to hear the bitching and moaning from FR crews about how they are treated.

Waffler, and many others have poured blood, sweat and tears into AL to make it the success it has been. They can be proud, and rightly so of what it has been in the past and what it will be again. Just not at any cost