PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Accommodation up north & west
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2009, 07:08
mr_yozzie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The big move

Hey guys, especially soseg and others thinking of taking the plunge, just wanted to add my 2 cents worth as someone who just recently made the push. I arrived in Broome a week and a half ago and have to say I'm really enjoying it so far. From what I can ascertain so far all the pilots have second jobs as mentioned earlier in this thread and its a pretty small community. Everyone knows everyone, which can really help if you play your cards right. I have to reiterate what has already been said about the attitude you need to come up here with. You have to want an adventure and be realistic about how you are going to live your life, especially if you have come from the big smoke. I am currently living in a Backpackers at $150 p/w and in a few weeks will move into a share house with a bunch of pilots for at least 2 months then i have to find something else. Thats what life up here is like, ever changing, very dynamic. There are quite a few operators up here but again wet season is very slow so you have to be patient. If anyone wants to ask any questions about Broome, don't hesitate to give me a yell.

To that end, if anyone is coming up here, let me know, i'll do some introductions and am always looking for someone to help make rent up here more affordable.

If your thinking about coming up here, do what i did and toss a coin. Heads i stayed in Newcastle, Tails i made the move. I just kept flipping it till I got Tails. lol!