PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bombay 26/11
Thread: Bombay 26/11
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2009, 06:45
tangowithtushar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry what is manmohan doing in washington

See what are the two most important stories hogging the space on our channels and newspapers on the eve of 26/11. One is about Shilpa’s marriage reception and the other is a reception hosted by Obama in Washington for our PM.
The year post-26/11 saw Maoist killings on an extraordinary rise.And we continued with Rahul’s roadshows, dalit hut stopovers, Koda fumblings, Vande Mataram opposed in presence of the home minister, 'Mee Marathi' chauvinism, Liberhan’s 17 years of no-consequence deadwood,
That was the year we saw after India was shaken up by 10 mad lads. And we say we shall try to convince Obama to eliminate terror for us. Ha!even as we rank 2nd to iraq in the no of fatalities??

3 days back as i was returning from Delhi via train, in a very non nonchalant manner i creamed through the security walked through so call metal detector[read dysfunctional]no one checked my baggage and most of the area at the train station stayed unmanned cmon we are talking delhi's train station... which attracts probably lakhs of travelers everyday.

From lokh sabha to rajya sabha everyone is gung ho about the commonwealth games claiming that during the games the city will be turned into a fortress...
then why make us the exception.. why is the common Indian deprived of it?? as ministers double their security cover from 20 -40... we continue to live or lives should i say "survive" in a similar fashion.. has anything changed? NO

All the Delhi Metro stations have prime security with cctv's galore.. but what about the train station ,the various international bus terminals like kashmiri gate why the bias?? why bcos' the metro station is like a picture perfect ad campaign of Delhi's prosperity.. just try this yourself.. just walk into one of the places i mentioned count the no. of police check points and observe the amount of innocent lives that lay bare around you on the mercy of the terrorists

Excellent security cover at airports why?? cus' the elite gets to travel in them planes but for the less fortunate [read poor] earthlings the basic sense of security stolen

if such is the state of affairs in our capital then i can safely assume that we Indians have been living on our God's mercy and will continue to do so..
i so wish the terrorists had succeeded in their attack on the parliament...

p.s. excuse me if my post lacks eloquence ..
im seriously contemplating joining krav maga classes