PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Llanbedr Airfield
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2009, 02:15
POBJOY

Received 79 Likes on 27 Posts
Llanbedr History

Phil Space continues to post comments that do not compliment the historic FACTS. LLANBEDR was built during the war as an AIRFIELD.During its time as an airfield it has also been used for drone.s,but this was in addition to other fixed wing and rotary movements.
For many years i had an agreement with the RAE to use the airfield in order to visit my parents in Portmadoc.
The whole planning issue is an attempt by the Snowdonia Society (the only objector)to prevent Kemble operating llanbedr as a GA airfield.
They have managed to encourage the Snowdon National park Authority (via the Welsh assembly) to seek use certificates (in order they can be refused).
The Snowdonia Society are not the same people as the "real locals" that actually want llanbedr to be open.
Please wake up to the fact that this unelected body is the only objector to llanbedr being used,and has as its cheif ex an ex Welsh Assembly minister (labour) who lost his seat at the last election.
The lobbying of many parties (under the auspicies of the society) has been a feature of the llanbedr episode,and all from this minority pressure group (and charity).
As stated before, speak to the locals to find out what they really want in thier back yard,i think you will find it is a GA airfield,that will brings jobs and business to the area.
As a planning unit llanbedr has always been an airfield,it was never abandoned,and therefore has an unbroken planning history.Kemble do not need planning for its continued use for aviation, military or civil.
Pobjoy