PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royal Air Force Club
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2009, 20:45
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
If it would encourage the younger element to keep up their membership and perhaps one day themselves to become old farts dampening the comfy chairs in the corner, I'd certainly add my vote to a scheme reserving a number of rooms for serving officers until a week beforehand.Sentence too long and insufficiently punctuated.

However, it must be for a 'young blade' to propose this - secure in the knowledge that many of the old and once-bold would support it.

Step up young blade - you might be surprised at the aged support you would have.
As I said, I did suggest such a thing a couple of years back via the website comments / forums. IIRC (I'm stuck in the Fatherland and can't log on to the RAF Club members area to check), but I do recall getting a reply that went along the lines of thanks awfully for your suggestion, we will pass it on to the senior old farts for discussion and ignoring. At the time I was about to go OOA yet again so didn't have time to chase it, and frankly ever since I got back, I have not felt the need to try to get a room in the Club - 'Trap or Die' - it's the way ahead, and has a far higher success rate at landing a bed for the night than trying to get in the Club

However, the above comments regarding Alan Deere are exactly why we need to let Beags and the other old farts wet the comfy chairs! Quite frankly, whilst some are as dull as dishwater, the vast majority are a delight to sink a few beers with - as some cracking Dining-In nights at Bentley Priory as a holding officer prove.