PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royal Air Force Club
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2009, 18:57
Wrathmonk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Robby NL

Non commissioned personnel of all the Services have the opportunity to join the Union Jack Club which is considerably cheaper than the RAF Club (and I'm sure the Army and RN officer corps equivalents (if such things still exist). The UJ Club does allow officers to stay on a temporary membership basis but have to pay (and quite rightly IMHO) more per night!

Perhaps only when we go fully down the line of combined messes (including mixed bars and eating areas [i.e. no tables set aside for officers and SNCOs], will the RAF Club look to open up its membership accordingly - but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Wonder what happens when a son or daughter of a current Club member, and who holds in their own right a family membership, subsequently joins the Air Force (or Army/Navy) as an airman/soldier/sailor. Are they forced to resign or should they keep their mouth shut, maintain the family membership, and secretly 'buck' the system! And then book all their "oik" mates in for a big pi55 up, particularly when BEags is in town!