PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ETAP ditching AAIB report delayed
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2009, 11:55
212man

Received 336 Likes on 188 Posts
So if the 225 L2 and L were made different types, it would not affect how we operate
Well, that's good, but is an operator driven decision that is not immune to commercial pressure - both internally and externally. Maybe other operators do not follow that philosophy. The point is that to all intents and purposes they are different types, and that has to be understood.

Regarding the "E" part, ie the terrain database and gps position, as you go slower you get less look-ahead prediction until its zero below 70kts IAS
Of course, you are correct - a brain fart on my part after a long day. The Terrain Floor activates at 70 KIAS and disappears on deceleration through that figure. However, it will be very prominent between those values, as I have seen - albeit not the case in this accident.

Mode 6 - the general callouts including the "check height" and the "100". Both should have activated but I believe the suspend button was used prior to the "check height" and the "100" never sounded due to a technical fault. These are the only 2 that might have helped had they not been suspended /worked correctly.
And this differs from AVAD in which regard?

But in this case its suspected that there were no warnings because the EGPWS box had failed.
Which would have been blindingly obvious if Terrain was a normal display on one(or more) of the displays!

Last edited by 212man; 26th Nov 2009 at 12:12.