PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - This is NOT a witch hunt on Ghana Scareways but ....
Old 21st Jun 2002, 00:33
covertwar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

1. i left ghana in march on klm for obvious reasons.

2. the ghana-airways.com domain is no longer reserved for non-payment of fees. yahoo even took it out of their directory.
however the italian site still remains, although not much can be done there. all this seems very pathetic to me.

first they fly to jfk. they lease dc-10's left and right from belgium's skyjet. they introduce baltimore while flights going to jfk aren't even all that full(their dc-10's take 272 9g-ana,anb,anc). how can you, an airline going through tough times, maintain a dc-9-51 that takes 120 on a daily 230nm route with only 20 souls on board?
they are never on time. maintainance is crappy, seats are torn, trays are sticky, aircraft need painted. stupid excuses. tire is flat. pilot has not reported back from crew rest. seizure. i remember a couple months ago when a ground handling company in dakar seized a dc-10 en-route to jfk. now they do the same at heathrow. they owe shell ghana almost 300 grand in fuel dues. still haven't been paid. board members get 8 free tickets a year. governmental officials take gh and don't pay. some group of students tried burning down their office in banjul when a baltimore flight actually came early and left them. their student visas were on the verge of expiring.
you introduce new routes. dubai. beirut. you lease an a320 from lotus of egypt. you don't pay. aircraft get repossessed.
damn, how can you run an airline with half the fleet grounded most of the time? how can you delay a flight for one week! how can you put people in a crappy hotel like that? take them to a cheap resturant? if ya can't handle the buisness just back out.

screw national pride, this is all about keeping it within your means...

(¯`·._.··warfare incorporated··._.·`¯)