PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2009, 21:40
paarmo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weird isn't it UKLAD?
Excellent road infrastructure to and from the major UK Trunk Road network.Excellent parking and pick up drop off system with the lowest prices in the UK...£30 ish for a fortnight.Decent terminal building. Long runway with good ILS. Excellent weather closure record.Unlimited slots with night operations possible.Large catchment area. No flights.
I know everyone( me included at times ) slags off the management but I don't really see what more we can offer.
Suggestions on a postcard to the Marketing Dept Durham Tees Valley (still referred to by 90% of the world as Teesside) Airport.
As an aside Easyjet have a policy of not even looking at destinations with a train journey of 4 hours or less so I think that the LHR or any other London routes are ruled out as the journey time from Darlington to Kings Cross is 2hrs 25 mins and I would suggest that other airlines have a similar policy unless there are special circumstances.
PS If they organised a park and ride system into Middlesbrough from MME I would use it because it is cheaper to park there rather than Middlesbrough Town Centre. Just a thought.

Last edited by paarmo; 25th Nov 2009 at 22:14. Reason: P.S.