PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - War crimes in Afghanistan
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2009, 20:39
legallooptheloop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We are not against normal people in this conflict, they do not abide by the Geniva Convention or anything of that sort. I personally had a certain amount of experience with Mugabe's scum and feel that the only way to deal with these low lifes is to combat them with their own methods. Nothing frightens a terrorist more than the realisation that the next knock on the door may be someone who is going to blow your brains out!
Support our boys no matter what! I do not see any of the off-spring of our politiicans there as opposed to Queenies grandson.
1. Normal people - I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this. If you mean the Taliban or Al-Qaeda then I would agree that their tactics are often less than legal. That said, you can't tie up and torture someone who breaks into your house. While different in scale, the same applies in war. Reciprocity is an issue, but murdering prisoners isn't likely to be acceptable by any sane individuals measure.

2. Scum - Humanity is not in any way furthered by two groupings of the aforesaid moral residue. If the enemy are vile, surely it's preferable that British troops don't become the same.

3. Blowing brains out - A Predator/Hellfire combo has been proven to do the trick. This is arguably legal too, as you'll no doubt be delighted to hear being such a stickler for what's allowed... It is dubious whether "terrorists" are ever afraid (in the normal sense) of such an end however, and so blowing their brains out in their living room probably only goes to ruin the wallpaper and set their many sons to go rigidly along the same vengeful path.

4. "Support our boys no matter what" - Independence of thought clearly is not something you've been blessed with. While support is often warranted, awful things have, on occasion, been done. Murdering Iraqi civilians really doesn't fall within the job description. My support will never be unconditional - neither should yours.

If those are views which you honestly hold, then please consider your position if you're in any way related to the military. Having read the above, I wouldn't give you a broomstick, nevermind a gun.