PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI
Thread: BMI
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2009, 20:22
uklad007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is very sad news and i wish all of BMI staff the best of luck - its shocking its come to this.

On routes/slots....i did wonder what would happen in respect of BRU (esp as Lufhty effectively owns Brussels Airlines) and AMS in the longer term. Ive thought there was over capacity on AMS (BD/BA/KL), like there was in the past on CDG (BD/AF/BA) but am a little surprised by the middle east routes going.

Also i need to be reminded has BMI handed over the slots BA bought from BMI when they purchased BMED (I assume this has been done now).

I wonder if like some are stating its time to rethink the semi low cost model (paid for food /"one class" approach) that is offered on some routes (although there cant be too many left now where this is applicable!) and move back to a more traditional Econ/Business "Diamond Service" offering. It seems best to go with one offering to the customer and stick with it throughout rather than offer conflicting services

I know Germany and the UK are two very different countries but Lufthy has operated a hub and spoke multi fleet two class airline successfully for many years and has experience of turning around Swiss and will be embarking on the same with Austrian...so if anyone can the they should be able to.....even if there is unfortunately some pain to go through first like todays announcement.