PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI
Thread: BMI
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2009, 18:46
EGAC is Better

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sad news for all at BMI, I feel for those about to lose their jobs.

Hopefully those left at the top will now realise that it is time for some proper direction. BMI should be an airline primarily for business and the service provided should reflect that.

I am a fairly regular traveller from BHD and feel that the service has become very inconsistent recently. Lounges has been reduced in size and there are no real benefits to encourage customers to fork out that little bit extra for "business" class.

Aircraft seating layouts need consistency across the fleet, in order to provide consistent service. 1 flight the business cabin has mid haul seats and the next time it is basically an economy seat with a cabin divide. I would imagine those in business feel hard done by in these cases.

The benefits of the Y fare far too great. Free changes and lounge access, why lounge access? Better business facilities in the lounges and fast track security for business fares would be a great start. Restricting Y to only free changes would encourage more business class travel, at least until Silver Diamond status is gained.

Must say all the Belfast staff are always extremely helpful but are clearly restricted by decisions taken out of their hands.

Heres hoping BMI bounce back strongly. A few well placed changes could make a massive impact.

Maybe I am speaking out of turn, but to me as a regular customers, these are the main things I reckon could be changed to the benefit of the company.

Out of interest, a bit of research has returned the following. A320's DR & DS, A319's CA,CB,CC,CJ & CK are the leased frames. Presumably they are the likely candidates to go?

AC