PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The life of a humble UK Charter Pilot- any thoughts?
Old 20th Jun 2002, 21:50
Pilot Pete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same as Expedite......but we are with the same airline! In two summer seasons I have never spent a night (or day) in a hotel whilst on flying duty, only when doing CRM, SEP's or Groundschool. As for broken marriages.....well, the amount of time I'm 'under her feet' during the winter is bound to take it's toll at some point!!

The flying is great, with enough time in the cruise to enjoy dinner (the quality varies from one carrier to another), as do the number of hours worked depending on Fight Time Duty Agreements within each airline. It would also appear that there is a vast difference in how you are treated as pilots within the different charter companies (look at (re)action since Sept. 11th).

I have a friend in BR (BACE) who spends many more nights away than me, who does many more days a month and many more sectors per day than me and who earns less, so I don't think it's really that bad. Mind you, he gets better concessions................... It certainly suits me with kids though.

PP