PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - South African ATC
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2009, 10:50
CuitoCuanavale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Secondly, there is the Senior Manager: Operations. He was never a good ATC to start with, so management was his next step.WHAT A BULLSH!TTER. He has no idea of ATC."

Sweeeet Daaaawgiee!!.....love to see his face if ever he did read this, moermeter would simply implode...

Just running through this Satco chappie's word placement and general print english...have to say it smacks of a wind-up at best, at worst some kid new into management (ATNS that is, dont let the luxemborg origin misdirect you) who has embraced company principles/value's etc, etc.

I have been through one retention package (honeymoon package that soon lost its veneer) and have witnessed from afar, the complete failure of sucessive ones. Therefore to finally be reading that there is the slightest possibility that the essential services tag might be lifted, thus unshackling SA ATCO's to have a more effective bargaining position at either increment time or when deemed necessary is way over due. I sincerely hope it all works out for the SA ATCO's.

To Satco, whoever you are, I know the paradigm's that exist amongst the controllers there and the mere fact that they nurture their own career path and take great pride in the self discipline they take with them on duty, in no way translates to a conceited, near xenophobic stance that you imply. The confines and other vicissitudes that they operate within and under on a day-to-day basis on its own ensures that the SWC'10 is now something more than just a challenge to field operatives.

To label their current intentions and course of action as 'irresponsible' is evidence of either complete ignorance on your part or as stated earlier, a simple little wind-up for your own gratification.