PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Cathay worth it?
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2009, 09:27
rjmore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now I haven't gotten in any fights per se in the cockpit. I may have administered an ass whippin' or two but it was hardly a fight. (obviously sarcasm)

I'm your regular old run of the mill Yank and I have found it to be just like anywhere else really. Great guys to fly with and the occasional jerk who may speak several forms of English that aren't the one you speak. I've also found that standing up for yourself works wonders if the bullies decide to go for ya. So far I haven't had any problems and 99.9% of the guys I have flown with have been great. Do I piss and moan every once in a while? Sure I do, we all do but I get over it quick. I've found having a good attitude and a good sense of humor work wonders. Sometimes it is just a simple misunderstanding due to where you grew up. I mean c'mon "Smoking a Fag" could get you the death penalty in Texas

The best part is, I get gobs of time off so I have a lot of time to forget about the whole business. I guess it doesn't hurt that I was told I apparently look like a bouncer/security guy when wandering around on the layover. Keeps the expectations low for me.

Last edited by rjmore; 25th Nov 2009 at 22:11.