PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2009, 08:07
mhale71

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Alex, the maths equations come in 2 parts, the first you will see will be a bunch of multiple choice answers, where the essence of a win is to do it quickly.
its been over a year since i took the test, but the one question i do remember from that is the one i had a brain-fart on.

2 airports, 500 miles/nm/ks/units whatever away,
Plane leaves airport a heading for B at 360 mph/kts/kmh/units
plane leaves airport b heading for a at 240 mph/kts/kmh/units

when and where will they meet.

Then, while youre doing the stick excersize, you will have one where you are given two random numbers that you have to do something with, Such as multiply them and then deduct the difference between them from the total, you have something like 5 seconds to select an answer per question, while balancing the little circle inside the big circle wiht a joystick.
hmm.. its easier then it sounds.

They sent me a CD for adf aviator when i put pilot in my application form, its about a trillion megabytes and has a beutiful 3d environment with 3 missions, 1 in a tiger, 1 in a hornet, and 1 in a seahawk, Itd be fun if we could get a "post your best scores" thing going on here, it is a fun game.
try a google search or maybe isohunt, i found this with google FAQ | Defence Jobs looks like you can get it posted to you. if worst comes to worse i can try and find the disk [head>desk] and upload it.