PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easy worse than Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2009, 21:19
silverknapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
These schemes facilitate attracting people away from other top careers like medicine and law and in to flying, hence aiding the industry standards
Don't make me laugh!!!! What it attracted was a large mix of people. Some with a genuine passion for aviation who had probably already commenced PPL training. Indeed a good mate of mine joined up with 200 hrs on his PPL. Yet still bonded for the full amount. Hmmmm.
However it also attracted a lot of people who really didn't have more than a passing interest. Would never have considered flying if it would cost them anything, and who are only interested in pushing buttons on a shiny jet.
Many people describe medicine as a vocation, a view I agree with. Anyone who genuinely wants to be a medic, shows the necessary commitment and more importantly makes the grade wouldn't turn down this career for flying. As anyone with all the above qualities but related to aviation wouldn't have to think twice.
Without them other method of recruitment would be unable to cope with the demand
Without them there wouldn't be a glut of zombies queuing up to pay for type ratings, line training etc etc.
Unfortunately your attitude and apparent jealousy
My 'attitude' is one shared by the vast majority of people on this forum, not to mention in this industry. Jealousy!!!! Don't make me laugh. I have a contract which lasts all year round thank you very much. I get paid no matter how little or how hard I work, which by the way is considerably more than £1000 a month. I even get paid for my holidays. My TR was paid for, I was paid while I trained. I even get staff travel. When I moved to the LHS I got paid full whack from day one.
Harsh comments maybe but you need a reality check after posting such drivel.
But hey if you are the 'top people' that CTC have managed to tempt away from governing the Bank of England or performing brain surgery maybe it's time to leave the UK.