PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus to Leave Dublin Forever.
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2009, 18:51
DrKev

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Source for this wonderful article please? Type "Abi Bray Journalist" into Google and this thread is what comes up. This is after all, still a public forum, and I have rights to read and post, the same as Mr Camel, so I ask him to cough up some more info before taking this seriously, which I probably won't anyway because...

EI Management say there are 60 pilots who cost the airline €20m a year in wages and pensions.
If indeed true, that implies about €330,000 which far below the half-million quoted in our unconfirmed article. It's above the €250,000 figure I hear from Aer Lingus pilots but that's neither here nor there. We are also told in this 'article' that €250,000 is what Ryanair pilots earn. But those Ryanair pilots are all short haul and Aer Lingus short haul pilots certainly don't earn that much, so in fact Ryanair pilots MUST be paid more WAAAYY more compared to Aer Lingus short haul pilots. Now, if Aer Lingus can't survive because of how much the pilots cost (and it is indeed a problem that needs addressing) how can Ryanair survive if their pilots cost so much more?

So it would seem, logically, to me, humble SLF, that Leo Hairy-Camel has just told us that Ryanair is in trouble.

K.