PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easy worse than Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2009, 15:37
Boecapt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Think we may have lost our way some what. I don’t think the wannabees/cadets can be to blame for this. We have all been there at some point and there has to be means to enter the industry. I think it is very sad we have reached the stage where guys are expected to risk such large sums of money to even consider the job. Getting side tracked vilifying CTCCadet for an admittedly not well worded point but essentially a good observation is not the way forward either. We do need to ensure we have a desirable career and I probably would have gone in to medicine had I not ended up in flying many years ago!!

I think that rather than blaming everyone else we have to take responsibility as a pilot body. I for one have been guilty of complacency looking across to FR and considering pilots only having themselves to blame for accepting the conditions.

However with this now happening at easyjet the wolf is probably through the door and not far from all airlines as the standard. Once this happens I fear there will no turning back as all conditions crumble away.

This should now be a major issue for BALPA to deal with and not just the EZY CC but completely across the board. By allowing this to stand at EZY we are asking for trouble. Rather than squabbling over blame we should be standing together, increasing the awareness and doing all we can to prevent it happening. If BALPA can’t prevent the airlines going down this route through negotiations with the management is it not time BALPA were lobbying for legislation? Surely protecting each others terms is the main reason for a union?