PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter crash off the coast of Newfoundland - 18 aboard, March 2009
Old 24th Nov 2009, 14:52
victor papa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know what is the right way to go here, but my question is as follow. Somebody mentioned 138 000hrs for the 92 fleet now-how many MGB incidences have we had on the MGB of the 92 in that time and how many of them lead to a unscheduled landing?

If I apply the regulations that prevent me from using something like a single engine 350B3/EC130 in Europe and Britain due to the probability of a engine failure leading to a forced landing I wonder how many Arriel 2B1 failures have occured in 138 000 hours of the 350B3/EC130 fleet leading to a unscheduled landing? Anyone with figures use the worse data you can find out of the total fleet hours which I think is close to 2 million hrs, but i'm not sure.

If we find that more engine failures occured, i stand corrected and apoligise. If we find that less engine failures occured, surely I can use my single engine B3/130 on the basis of "remote possibility" vs MGB failure on a 92?

Stupid question but it puzzles me how this is possible?