PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easy worse than Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2009, 14:23
Mister Geezer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I feel WWW has nearly hit the nail on the head:

The root of the problem is not people. It is money. On the one hand the desire for airlines to make it and on the other the ability of Wannabes to get hold of it.
The root problem is the management and their desire to make/save money... to the potential detriment of their existing and future employees.

There are wannabes that will always find the cash so that is a constant rather than a variable!

The Real Slim Shady

FR and easy want cadets not simply becasue in the short term they are cheaper but because they are a blank canvas: they don't have to "unlearn" another set of SOPs nor do they bring another culture to the company.
The bottom line here is cost and nothing else. If an airline is finding that they are having issues with the ability of direct entry pilots, then there are serious flaws in that airline's selection process. After all, a robust selection is purely there to weed out the weak individuals.

I think it is time to press the ignore button with Leo now. I don't come onto PPRuNe to be subjected to 'management spin'. The fact that it is linked to 'Harp Airways', just makes it even worse...