PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easy worse than Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2009, 13:38
Leo Hairy-Camel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Weasel in Reverse.

There is an unstoppable Wannabe Zombie Army who are nourished (still) by the irrational bank of Mum&Dad who are in turn powered by unnatural house price inflation.
So, little Jimmy Plane-Spotter wants to be a pilot. Good for you, lad. Before you do so, though, prepare yourself to be branded the one who single-handedly reduces conditions industry wide to the equivalent of a Dickensian sweatshop. But you have a choice, because according to WWW...
My coining of the phrase Wannabe Zombie Army was never derogatory to CTC cadets
its just every other cadet organisation that's to blame. Keeping up so far? So, if you go to CTC/Easyjet, you'll be raped in a way unheard of by any other airline, but you'll not be a zombie warrior. Go to Ryanair, though, and you'll be a sergeant of the living dead in no time at all, according to WWW, and a singular blight on the piloting industry too. Never mind that you'll be earning far more and flying much more than CTC rape victims, with a far better career path to boot! What gorgeous double standards, WWW, when an apology would have made for a perfectly clean getaway.
All Wannabes and indeed all cadets carrying huge debt burdens have my complete sympathy and total support.
Oh, well that clears it up then. Zombie Army is such a supportive term, isn't it? How silly of me.
The root of the problem is not people. It is money.
Ah yes, Welsh Wisdom at it's Wittiest. Somebody call the CAA and have them ban money, would you? Or perhaps outlaw the love of children? And if that doesn't work, lobotomise any teenager who dares to aspire to the lonely impulse of delight that drives us to our tumult in the clouds.

Press on, youngsters. Not all of us old bastards of the air would seek to deny you your place in our industry. Do whatever you have to in order to succeed. Determination is the one constant among those who excel in life, no matter what. Wade through the convoluted argument and twisted logic on these vanity pages if you like, but remember your goal and you will succeed. Good luck to you.