PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2009, 12:23
MudRat_02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I could well be wrong here, but I'm under the impression that you are free of IMPS up to a certain point at BFTS (eg. if you failed within the first couple of weeks you probably wouldn't get the whole 11.5 years). Matters like that are of little interest anyway, none of us plan to fail right? For me personally, this is one contingency that I haven't given thought to because I wouldn't think twice about accepting a ROSO of twice the actual amount just for a chance at BFTS.

On a different note, I realise that one of the desired traits in a potential RAAF recruit is good time management. I've held jobs throughout school and Uni and I've never had a problem with managing my time, however I haven't had one for the past year as I'd saved enough to make it through (and do a little flying on the side!), the extra time on my hands ensuring that I maintain a nice grade average. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but in retrospect it seems like that may not have been the best choice (ie. suggest I have poor time management skills). Has anyone been in a similar situation, or have any idea how it is likely to affect my application?