PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Pel-Air Westwind Ditching off NLK
Old 24th Nov 2009, 02:51
GADRIVR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"NOTE TO ALL JOURNOS"
The vast majority of posts on this subject have been made utilising exactly what most of us detest. Unreliable second, third or imaginary information sourced through hack reporters, unqualified apparent witnesses or overly active imaginations!
NONE of them have spoken to the flight crew.
NONE of them have spoken to the company/ies concerned.
NONE of them were on the aircraft.
Comments such as that espoused by Brian, Zeebee Wiley and others above summarise what this forum is all about.
Not a forum for "professional" pilots but rather a virtual open back laundry window where the little old women who sit peeling potatoes on the sidelines of this industry can shout across the rickety back fence discussing the other neighbours personal and work life for all to hear with little or scant regard for facts or indeed for the effect on the unfortunate neighbours life or the life of his or hers loved ones as a result of their drool filled utterings.
The analogy that Brian has used is at best non sensical and at its worst a call to arms for every enthusiastic moronic wannabe to further tarnish Doms reputation. Most "professional" pilots will back me up on this!
As for Brian, Zeebee, Wiley and the part time crew...listen up.
Just so that we're clear you slack jawed idiots....this NOT a bar. It is an online forum veiwable from virtually any part of the world open to all.....including the journos you and other "professional" pilots all have no time for.
For the last few days I've been fielding questions and enquiries from media friends and aquaintances as to the circumstances behind this incident. My standard reply is....."I don't know all the facts, so I can't give an informed opinion" It's amazing how many of them have quoted "facts" and "unnamed sources" that seem to closely parallel the drivel that is served up on this website. Wake up to yourselves and have some consideration for somebody elses career.......morons!