PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easing the squeeze
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2009, 01:58
dghob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Easing the squeeze

It's probably time this old, old question was asked again because sooner or later you'd think airlines might do something.

The question is....when are airlines going to get serious about pax who persist in bringing carry on baggage that is well in excess of the so-called limits?

A case in point for me was a QF flight from Adelaide to Brisbane last week. As far as I could see every seat taken. At a guess I'd say the boarding process took maybe 10-15 minutes longer than it would normally as people with bags that would no way fit the test thingo at the gate stuffed about forcing the bag (more often bags) into the overhead bins, squashing other peoples' bags, and leaving nowhere for others to store theirs. Meanwhile the aisle was blocked for everyone else, including crew. You all know what I'm on about here.

As cabin crew you must get p*ssed off with this!? With just about every domestic flight in Oz now pretty full surely the matter must be on the agenda for someone?

For what it's worth I make a habit of getting on board as soon as possible to avoid the problem. Then I can sit back and watch the action!

Cheers
dghob