PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shenzhen Airlines
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2009, 00:12
On Final

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Working in China

Hello, I am not the expert but have heard about the problems of switching China Airlines. I heard you will be black balled if you switch but i think it depends on your carrier. If you have a no "compete clause" put in your contract may help. It should spell out as long as you terminate your contract according to the rules you will be issued a release letter which will allow you to work at another Chinese airline. I think more than the written letter of your contract just do a good job and work out the details like a gentleman before you leave and it may help.

Many Chinese pilots owe their carriers to their companies because they train them from square one. The company pays for everything and the pilots are forever locked into the company. They can never leave unless they pay off their debt, I heard around 1,000,000 but never heard of a fine to the CAAC.

You may be right, I don't know and never tested my theory either. It is different and one must be careful if they plan to switch airlines in China.

Good Luck On Final.!!