PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter crash off the coast of Newfoundland - 18 aboard, March 2009
Old 23rd Nov 2009, 23:26
Codger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FH1100

Nothings impossible. It's those highly improbable glitches that bite you on the butt at the worst possible times that prove that the "impossible" does happen. I'm not an engineer either but fortunately or otherwise, have gotten my mitts under plenty of cowlings over the years. There's been more than a couple of times when the impossible or highly improbable stared back at me and with a hand over my heart I've been very thankful that I saw what I did at zero AGL rather than dealing with the consequences at a higher elevation.
If something can shake loose then you lock wire it down. If something can leak then there are more colours of "goop " (technical term) that get placed between the 2 surfaces so that they can't leak.
I don't know why the CofA hasn't been pulled or if it should be pulled... But if you think that any manufacturer of aircraft puts stuff out there for us to drive knowing that there's something in there that will kill us then that's a whole other deal. I've talked with a few engineers and killing us is 180 degrees from what I picked up during those conversations.