PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI
Thread: BMI
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2009, 22:31
frontcheck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having been employed by bmi for over 10 years I have witnessed first hand the outcome of some of the management decisions. Whilst I do not always agree with them we (staff) have very little option but to carry them out wether we agree or not. I understand why these decisions were made, at the time, but feel the company has got itself into such a mish-mash no-one (and I include the staff) know if we are Arthur or Martha !
One major problem is that newer staff into the industry have only ever experienced the "lower" levels of service we are having to offer and therefore dont know any better. It's sad but true. As for the name,
British Caledonian was known as "British Caledonian" but also referred to as "BCaL" , there was not a problem with that so I cant see why we had to change, bring back "bmi British Midland" , offer frequent flights with reasonable fares which can sustain a good level of customer service and ADVERTISE effectively...tell people where we fly and what we offer and do so in all areas, not just the south east !
Rant over !