PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2009, 21:57
stefair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TheBeak,

Despite of all the negativity you impose on RYR I really do think you are an intelligent person, who is correct in many of what you say, be it about RYR or the industry in general. However, you cannot dismiss the fact that a job with RYR does have a whole lot of benefits. You even said so yourself in one of your latest postings. I really do think only a fool would not want to see the benefits a flying job with RYR brings. That being said, I do not think they are perfect, far from it. But they definitely are one of the better companies out there.

I am very much hoping to be given the opportunity to join them, but will do this with my homework done thoroughly and eyes wiiide open. I will have 1/3 of the mentioned 40k in savings and the rest I am going to finance through a bank, but on my own. If it all goes tits up I will go down alone. But something is telling me, if you keep your head down and are hardworking you are going to be OK.

Call me crazy but I do prefer RYR over virtually any other operator (except the classics) as I find the 5/4 roster, prospect of fast command and base in Italy or Spain veeery appealing. Plus, they are incredibly cash rich and hence stable outfit and if they do not have one of their AC drop out of the sky tomorrow they will be around for a long time to come. I might be massively naive and foolish but I don't think any other company in Europe can offer you the lifestyle and career prospects they do.

I had better scrap the pilot stuff and join RYR's marketing team instead...