PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Soldier refused service in Witney pub . . . because he was in uniform
Old 23rd Nov 2009, 18:37
minigundiplomat

Received 187 Likes on 71 Posts
My point is that aircrew generally don't have any experience of day to day management and leadership of non-commissioned personnel. JOCC was a real eye-opener when us blunt types watched the aircrew 'catch up' on report-writing, discipline procedures, charges and interview techniques that we'd used since day 1.
I don't know any aircrew who have had the fear of a Friday morning after hearing the lads got into a 'bit of bother' down town on Thursday night - or that had to deal with the aftermath of a Sqn beercall that went a bit wrong. This is a part of why I see such libertarian views from the aircrew on this thread.
Discipline has taken a dive in recent years as we've got a bit more fluffy. Younger recruits reflect society and behaviour that would never have been tolerated is now the norm - including more drink-related trouble. I'm very much up for having a good time, but self-policing rules on being in pubs in uniform are crazy. The line is drawn at the door and that is where it should remain.
Bullsh1t!!!!!!