PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royal Air Force Club
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2009, 16:33
Wrathmonk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do fear for the future of the club
Which is why I guess they have opened up membership to family members (i.e this can go both directions in the generational chain!) of which I believe there are 500 already elected.

C) Family Membership: The Board of Trustees is empowered to elect as Family Members sons and daughters over 18 years of age, who should be proposed by a parent or legal guardian (who should be a Full Member of the Club of at least 2 years standing) and seconded by another Full Member of the Club of at least 2 years standing who is not a relative. The Board of Trustees is also empowered to elect as Family Members parents or legal guardians who should be proposed by the son or daughter (who should be a Full Member of the Club of at least 2 years standing) and seconded by another Full Member of at least 2 years standing of the Club who is not a relative.
as well as a vastly reduced membership fee, if you join immediatly on completing IOT, for the first 5 years of service.

The Club still boasts a 90%+ occupancy rate and seem to be looking to the future with new membership regulations. I suspect, however, there will soon be more never-served members than there will be serving/veterans.

Last edited by Wrathmonk; 24th Nov 2009 at 09:00.