PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PNG : Flying in Papua New Guinea
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2009, 09:39
boogar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep Moro has it all!!!!! a dry camp so get a few skin fulls prior to arrival is always the best bet if you like to drink. Remember to take your jandals if you like to take a shower at the end of the day and get clean without the fungle infections between your toes!!! and something to wipe the seat if you like to sit down and relax for 5 min every day without getting covered in someone elses #*#* and urine, although us heli pilots get quite good at hovering if you know what I mean. (I'm sure the locals can't sit square on that seat or realize that the seat actually has a hinge on it) The water there always quenches your thirst but after a couple of weeks if your not use to it ,some imodium is always a real safe bet especially at 5000 feet and your busy at the top of a long line if you know what I mean! If you like sleeping with a pillow take your own as a lot of the rooms have no air con and the pillows smell like 10 year old sweat, and just about make you vomit! (i sleep without now) other than that it's an oasis in the middle of the jungle. I don't know why tourists aren't flocking there in their thousands. hope it goes well, cheers