PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Pel-Air Westwind Ditching off NLK
Old 23rd Nov 2009, 08:01
puff

Received 29 Likes on 9 Posts
doleque - having been to NLK many times as well I totally agree with your sediments in relation to the rescue crew. Talk about heros and having large 'coconuts', launching the boat in those conditions after seeing sea conditions at Norfolk first hand, and the launch locations, and then having the airport manager after everything else not only organise but crew the boat - says a lot for the kind of people out at Norfolk.

Glenn and 'Pinky' before him have had nothing but respect from everyone i've even spoken to who has operated out to Norfolk for their professionalism, the Kentia-link PA31 incident Pinky had a very large involvement in the safe termination of that flight.

The sea out there is angry on a nice day let alone when it turns to crap - then add night along with it, lesser people would have refused to launch in those conditions and would have sealed a different fate of the occupants.

I do agree and hope the correct people nominate all involved for bravery awards for an amazing rescue.