PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - john frohnsdorff elected BALPA General Secretary
Old 20th Jun 2002, 11:43
M.Mouse

Controversial, moi?

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
To reiterate John stood with the express purpose of clearing the decks for other candidates to feel free to apply for the position of GS. John is not intending to remain as GS.

I believe he is well aware of concerns that this whole business would be seen as a BA takeover and is as keen as the rest of us to see a new GS who will allay the fears of those in BALPA from outside BA. I am sure he will wish, as I believe most of us will, to see a strong and effective replacement able to unify the entire membership and be seen to be giving good value for our hard earned subscriptions.

It is worth noting that a considerable number of non BA members must also have voted for JF. As BA membership is in an overall minority now and we could not force change without help from non-BA members.

Ultimately BALPA will be the better for the change.

A little like the chief executive losing the confidence of the shareholders CD had lost the confidence of a goodly proportion of the membership. Not least because of the appalling stewardship of the finances.

Last edited by M.Mouse; 20th Jun 2002 at 11:48.