PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Please Help!! Africa or TR+Hours
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2009, 16:42
pablo2973

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
High kash from Ghana

Hi from Ghana,I have just read your post and maybe my experience helps you out a bit ......
first of all YES I paid for my TR , but I could not find a job in 2 years after that either, so I had to renew it at a cost of 3000Euros each time ,so not only you have to pay for it but take into consideration to renew it every year ...... ,because after you get your TR ,they will ask you for some hours on type to secure the job, it may not be enough either after all your effort and do well on the course .....If I were you I would gather as much information as posible through this forum and others ,and then decide whether to fly over to Africa and find a job to get some hours on small a/c,and then get the TR ,or get the TR and luckily get a job .
I went to D Republic in 2002 got some hours and then paid for ATR TR,then after 2 years of getting it and 2 hours a day on internetevery day, here and some other forums ,someone gave me the chance to fly the ATR in ghana , where I am now since April 2009,no regrets at all about having paid for it,but it was a long way and not cheap I must say .
anyway ,dont focus yourself on a specific TR just because you like the a/c , find the opportunity and then pay whatever a/c the company flies ., last week here in Ghana they hired 3 guys with low experience to fly a 727 for allied air cargo but you have to be THERE and be lucky .
thanks ,and good luck