PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VFR flight planning and navigation software I've written
Old 22nd Nov 2009, 11:04
Donalk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tim - I presume distribution would be direct and not through resellers. In this case you might consider offering Plan and InFlight as stand alone products with a bundle price for Plan and InFlight.

For me I would only be interested in Plan as I have a very good GPS solution (glass cockpit) but if the bundle proposition were attractive enough it might be tempting to have some redundancy.

Assuming that whatever you bought (Plan, InFlight or both) came with a year of data updates on the AIRAC cycle and also software improvements, what would you expect to pay?
This is the tricky one. For me it would need to include rest of Europe and I suspect that most 'continent' based pilots would feel the same. With UK and France data it does have an immediate market in the UK but is limited for the rest of us.

Having said that it is a superb product and if you get rest of Europe completed in a timely fashion then it looks like you will have a winner. Pricing I guess would need to be competitive and pitched against the competition. Would FliteStar be the closest comparison and if so would you charge a premium for additional functionality or enhanced service levels.

These are the commercial decisions you face but the product speaks for itself.